If your pet has a sip of an alcoholic drink, or licks it from the ground after a spill, the repercussions may be lethal. Thus, it is advisable to keep liquor out of your furry friend’s reach. In fact, alcohol is toxic for pets and humans if consumed in excess.
Since alcohol intoxication is tightly linked to the body mass, and most pets weigh less than humans, fewer doses of alcohol are toxic. Symptoms of intoxication include vomiting, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, incoordination, breathing difficulty, abnormal blood acidity, tremors, coma, and even death. Therefore, keep a close eye on your pet during holiday celebrations and house parties.
CONTINUE READING ON NEXT PAGE